Friday, November 05, 2004

Pumpkin bundt update

First of all the cake was delish. It did suffer a minor disaster due to the presence of too much streusel filling.

When I took them out of the pan, only one of the pumpkin halves made it. The other was distributed - more or less evenly - over my kitchen counter. I managed to stick a bit of it back together, which makes for a nice photo where you can see the filling (cinnaomn, sugar, butter and walnuts). The recipe calls for making it in one large pan, rather than two small ones, so if I were doing this again, I would probably halve the butter in the filling.
I'm also making a little cinnamon glaze for the cake, though I'm seriously considering using chocolate to cover the broken bits.