Friday, December 17, 2004

Gingersnap S'mores


So I have officially joined the ranks of the food bloggers who have made the Chez Panisse Gingersnaps from IMBB #10: Cookie Swap, submitted by Renee from feeding dexygus seconds. They are delicious.
Recently, I went to a bakery, which shall remain nameless as their other offerings are quite good, and purchased some "gingersnaps" that were not crispy and so hard I could barely bite into them (imagine an old, molasses flavored tire). I was so disappointed that I decided I had to make my own. And by my own I mean Renee's recipe. So far I have shared them with friends and given them as holiday gifts!
Today, though, I popped two slices into the oven and ten minutes later was ready to make some seasonal s'mores.

Gingersnap S'mores
2 Chez Panisse Gingersnaps
Marshmallows
Dark Chocolate
Place a gingersnap on baking sheet. Layer chocolate pieces on and top with a marshmallow (or two). Place under broiler for 1 minute, until marshmallows are lightly browned. Sandwich with second gingersnap and enjoy while warm.

Note: Use dark chocolate (I used 71%) because it goes much better with the spice of the ginersnaps than milk chocolate does. And yes, you can do these in 30 seconds in the microwave but it's worth the 1 minute wait to keep the gingersnap crispy.