Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Grilled Corn on the Cob

As much as I have always loved fresh, locally grown sweet corn, I never loved it as much as I do now. What changed? I started grilling it. The sugars of the corn intensify the flavor and it takes less time than boiling!
I think I first saw this on Good Eats, but I'm not entirely sure. It has been a smash hit, not only with me, but with everyone I've served it to. Simply shuck the corn until it is down to 2 or 3 layers of husk. Pull off some of the silk, but the rest will come off easily after cooking. Place corn on a hot grill and cook, rotating every few minutes, until the husk is dark or mostly blackened. Over high heat, this should take about 10-12 minutes.
Strip off the blackened husk and serve. The corn also makes great leftovers, so cook extra.