Friday, September 23, 2005

Editing


I was enjoying the last of the donut cookies, made from a recipe posted by Joe at Culinary in the Desert, when I saw that I was tagged on Grab Your Fork for a meme: find the fifth sentence of your 23rd post and post it. Curiosity overcame me and I looked back through my archives.
Looking at some of my earliest posts, I couldn't help but wonder if I should delete some of the more pointless ones or edit the writing here and there. I like everything to be nice and streamlined, so some of the posts seemed like "fluff" that wasn't serving a purpose; I was not a worse writer than I am now, I just didn't know exactly what I wanted to say. I was mentally picking out posts to axe when I came to the 23rd post and read the fifth line:


It would probably take a force of nature to stop me once I have my mind set on baking something.



I'm not editing the old posts.
I'll just go on from here.

Edit: As I neglected to mention above, the cookies are very good. They're fun and easy to make, and have a nice butter cookie texture. They go famously with coffee but tea is a nice choice, too. I ate the ones I put sprinkles on first and called it breakfast. The cookies prove that sometimes a bit of editing is ok. Spell check proves the same thing.