Monday, April 18, 2005

Baked Honey Mustard Chicken


Anyone who says that chicken is boring is missing out. I prefer to think of chicken as being versatile. I've made this recipe from AllRecipes a couple of times now and I really love it. It's just chicken breasts glazed with a honey and mustard mix. It's incredibly simple and very flavorful, with the sweetness of the honey countering the mustard nicely.
Tonight I mixed 1/4 each of honey and dijon mustard, added a teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika to make a glaze for two chicken breasts. 350 degrees and 40 minutes later and I had delicious, perfectly cooked chicken that I turned into salad. I also put in cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cucumber and oranges. If you're going the salad route, do yourself a favor and reserve a bit of the glaze and drizzle it on as a dressing.